Bread is simply evil for diabetics but this Cauliflower “bread” is gluten-free, grain-free and low carb. Makes a great replacement for bread and very easy to prepare. This would also make an awesome pizza crust.
Low Carb Cauliflower “Bread” Sticks Recipe
By February 5, 2014Published:
- Yield: 8 Servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 20 mins
- Ready In: 30 mins
- 1 large cauliflower head
- 1/2 cup cheese shredded
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- Onion powder to taste
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Cut up Cauliflower and steam till soft. Put on a tea towel and blot, try to get as 'dry' as possible.
- Put in food processor or blend till it's mashed potato texture.
- In medium bowl stir Cauliflower, eggs, cheese, nutritional yeast flakes, garlic & seasonings
- Scoop cauliflower mixture on to a lightly grease cookie sheet. Pat down and form into "flat bread". Keep in mind not to press too thin
- Bake at 450 for 15-20 minutes or until top starts to brown.
- Cut into bread sticks.